Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Gift of Interpretation

So this week we had Elder Antunes come and speak to our mission! :) He´s an area 70, I´m pretty sure.. haha. Anyway it was in Belo  Horizonte, and our zone traveled by TRAIN. It was super duper nice. Elder Antunes talked a lot about having the spirit with us when we´re teaching our investigators. It was really interesting, because I feel like I rely sooo much on the spirit to know what to say and do because of my Português. The whole meeting was just really cool. The Lord truly blessed me with the Gift of Interpretation of Tongues because I understood everything. Haha

Time is FLYING here. Literally! I´ve already been in Ipatinga for over a month. What is that?! Crazy! It´s also really funny because I was talking with Sister Camargo the other day and I literally know NO ONES name in the ward. Literally. Like I call bishop, bishop. I don´t even know the bishops name of our ward!! I just know what everyone looks like. Because they all have really weird names like Cleonice, Sindalaline, or Sulameta I am sorry MY BRAIN DOESN´T UNDERSTAND. #desculpa 

OH! So something suuuuper funny slash really weird slash why would anyone ever do that. Sister Camargo told me this just happen to a sister here a couple months ago. So these sisters were leaving a members house and talking about the foods they liked and random stuff, then as they were leaving the member turns to the one of the sisters and asks hey what does your companion like? And she was like hmmm well she really loves animals, dogs especially! You know, no big deal, ain´t nothin wrong with some doggy lovin. #JUSTWAIT The sisters had lunch with them the next day and they´re in the middle of eating lunch and one of the sisters notices that she´s the only one eating the meat, no one else and she´s like what´s up? What am I the only one eating this? The family was so happy and they were like oh because we made it especially for you! It´s dog meat! :) They literally killed a dog, and cooked it for this sister to eat. The member apparently was asking the sister what the sister liked to EAT, not just what she liked in general. I wanted to cry when I heard the story because I love dogs but I´ve honestly never laughed so hard when I found out. WHO DOES THAT?! 

Anyway! This week was awesome! I´m understand and speaking better! I KNOW this is the true church of Jesus Christ. He is the cornerstone. I am so grateful for my testimony of Him and our Heavenly Father. I know They´re there and Heavenly Father hears and answers each one of our prayers, in His own time. We are His and He is ours. 

I love you all! :)
Sister Hallmark

No comments:

Post a Comment