Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Each week here is a new adventure! I love it!

So this week we received a referral from a member, to go visit this girl, Carla. Oh my gosh, she´s amazing. She´s so prepared. We went back the next day after teaching her the Restoration and she was like yeah, I prayed about the Book of Mormon last night and I know it´s true. I wanted to cry. Literally, that´s all I could do because I can´t speak Portugues yet. Haha she´s so nice. She´s 21, married and pregnant. I know super young. But the member who referred us to her is 19, married and pregnant.. Even more craaazy. #onlymormons

So one of the rules in this mission is that all the missionaries have to get up during fast and testimony meeting and bear their testimonies. I found out a couple days before Sunday, and I was like whattttttt. So during the Sacrament, first of all, fasting here is like suicide attempt. Literally. Like I´ve never been so thirsty in my entire life. I wanted to take like 8461652198 cups of water. Anyway, during the sacrament, I felt so much love for my Savior, Jesus Christ. I was absolutely terrified to get up there and bear my memorized testimony. But I knew the the Lord would help me. When I got up there I started talking and was like stumbling on my words, then I was overcome with the spirit and started crying. I knew that the Lord helped me finish my testimony. First of all, you can´t understand what I say in English, when I cry. So you definitely can´t understand what I say in Português. hahaha. Then I saw this guy in the congregation laughing at me, I was like oh cool. So afterwards he came up to me and was like hey sister I was laughing at your Português, not your testimony, ta bom? I was like oh because that´s so much better! Thanks! hahaha #gottalovebrasil 

I´m so grateful to be a missionary. I have so much grattitude in my heart. I am so grateful for the Book of Mormon, I KNOW it´s true. I have no doubts about that. Or about Joseph Smith, I know he was a prophet of God. I love this gospel! 


Line of the Week:
(while we were street contacting)
Me: We`re missionaries for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
Random guy: Oh where is it located?
Me: I´m from the United States! Sorry, I know my Português is bad, I´m still learning.
Random guy: Okay...

Afterwards Sister Camargo repeated slowly his question and I was like HOW EMBARRASSING. SERIOUSLY. Hahahaha. Every time. People just talk so fast here! I thought he was asking me where I was from! But I mean, we do have churches located in the United States! Hahaha 

Amo vocês! Atè mais! 
Sister Hallmark

No comments:

Post a Comment