Monday, September 29, 2014

Literally I´m in Brasil right now. #mylife

So I don´t even know where to start! First off I get to Belo Horizonte and meet President Fortunato and his wife at the airport. They´re so cute! Then we get to the mission home and they made taco salad for us. They were like we know you were probably expecting a Brasilian meal, but taco salad is nice and easy and we love it. Hahaha it was great. Afterwards president was talking with us going over a few things and he mentioned my name and I was like crap, I literally have no clue what he´s saying, I don´t speak Português! Then I think I heard cinco horas in there somewhere and I was like please tell me he did not just say my area is 5 hours away.. He did. Hahahaha. I met my new companion and he got on a bus for 5 hours to our new area and got there at like 10:00 at night. #mylife It was so fun though. My new companion, Sister Carmago, is from Curitiba Brasil and I LOVE HER SO MUCH. So she´s so fun and she always tells me stories and I just nod and smile because I have no clue what she´s saying. When she laughs, I laugh, when she makes an angry face, so do I. Seriously I feel deaf, I rely soley on facial expressions when I´m talking with people because they speak so fast and I´m like i only speak english right now! I´m not bilingual yet! Relax! Hahahaha. But Português is coming quicker than I thought. I´ve only been here for a few days and I feel like each day I learn soooo much. 

So my area is Ipatinga (ee-pa-ching-a) and my ward is Bethânia, (be-ta-nya) it´s pretty much the best area in the whole mission. #nolie dude everyone is SOO open here! Like, we`ll find people on the street and they take us to their house to teach them, that´s happen countless times. I´m in awe. The work is hastening like crazy over here!!!!! I loveeeee it! 

It´s funny, people will ask me where I´m from and I say the estados unidos (united states) and they´re like oh cooool! Then they turn to Sister Camargo and ask her if I speak Português, and she´ll be like yeah! Talk to her! Then they just smile and stare at me. #itsalwaysawkward Also never in my life have I been asked if my last name is German.  Everyone and their dog here asks me if I´m from Germany? I´m like yeah, close, actually the united states hahaha. Also nobody can pronounce my name here. They´re like bom dia (good morning) sister Camargo and Sister .... long pause... bom dia sister. Hahahahaha. They say Walmart. Walmarch, olemarch, hawmarch, literally it´s the funniest. I´m always like yeah that´s perfect! Hahaha. There was this guy we met, and he found out that I was from the u.s. and he was like oh it´s my dream to go there and speak English! It was so cute! Then he starts speaking to me in his broken English and afterwards I was like your English is sooo good! He smiled. Then when we left Sister Camargo was like, sister, yes be nice, but don´t lie. He couldn´t speak English. Hahahahaha it was so funny. 

I thought the MTC food was good, no. That food was nothing compared to the food here in Minas. Holy cowwwwwww. It´s bomb. So we get fed lunch every day. and if we don´t have a member lunch, we can buy lunch then the mission reimburses us. It´s legit. So the lunches here are soooo big and soooo goood!!! We eat at around 12:30 with a member, then don´t eat again until we get into our apartment that night. It´s crazy. But surprisingly I´m not that hungry. Oh so there are SO many hills here! We literally walk everywhere, and it´s up and down up and down up and down. It´s whipping me into shape so fast.

Oh and it´s like a million degrees outside every day and nobody has ac. Everyone’s houses are like little shacks, in the shade. It´s so cute. I´m gonna get soooo tan here, well hopefully. Haha or really sunburned. 

I cannot say enough, obviously about how much I love Brasil. It´s the BOMB. I feel so blessed to have had 2 missions. Virginia definitely prepared me in every way for this. I love being a missionary. I LOVE this gospel and sharing it with everyone. The church is true!

Ate mais!
Sister Hallmark


 Please write to me!

Missao Brasil Belo Horizonte
Rua São Paulo Edificio 17 De Maio 1781
10 Andar Sala 1001 
Bairro Lourdes 
Belo Horizonte Brasil 30170-132

No comments:

Post a Comment