Monday, September 8, 2014

BRAZIL

K so remember my blog from last week? When I said that I'd got permanently re assigned to Virginia??   Well......My mission president called me on Saturday and he said "Sister Hallmark, you got your visa" and I WAS Like WHAT??!! I AM SOOOO EXCITED!!!  I AM GOING TO BRAZIL!!! I am leaving tomorrow!! (Tuesday) The Lord works in mysterious ways I tell you. MYSTERIOUS. I'm sure I'll never know why I was called to Brazil then got sent to Virginia for a year while I waited for it. But I do know that I wouldn't be the person I am today if this hadn't happen. Serving in Virginia has opened my eyes to SO much. I am forever grateful to my Father in Heaven for loving me enough to put my through this trial so I can grow SO MUCH. I never thought I'd say that. Ever. But I really am thankful. Everyday.

So I don't think I've mentioned Betty before. We just found her 2 weeks ago. We decided to go to a park and contact because tracting is not effective and I hate it. So we went contacting. :) The first person we found was this cute little lady named Betty just walking her dog. She's probably in her late 40's, early 50's. So we shared the Restoration with her and she was amazed. We gave her a Book of Mormon and committed her to read Alma chapter 32 before we met again. Oh also, she committed to be baptized on September 27th. She told us she would read the Book of Mormon that night. So we left and Sister Fuhriman and I were SO HAPPY! Because we've seriously been struggling so much with finding investigators then we found her! :) A week goes by and she texted us and had to cancel our appointment because she wasn't feeling well. But we rescheduled! So we finally meet with her 2 weeks later at a members home and we're kind of unsure if she had read the Book of Mormon or not, but she did! Not only did she read Alma 32 but she read all the way to chapter 49! We were so shocked. I almost peed my pants. So she totally understood the Plan of Salvation and the spirit world becasue she had read about it in Alma! It's like she knew we were gonna be talking about that! The lesson was amazing and she came to church the next day! We had another lesson with her afterwards and she was just in tears at how much she loves the Book of Mormon and how she was in a really low place in her life, then we found her at the park and it wasn't a coincidence! She was like I'm so excited to be baptized! I just can't wait!! We have been sooo blessed by the Lord!

I know the Lord is preparing the hearts of many to receive our message! The words of the Book of Mormon are true! I am so overjoyed to be on a mission still. The Lord blesses me with opportunities to grow everyday. I'm so blessed to be a member of His church and know about His restored gospel. :)

I love you all!!!! :) Pray for me! These next few weeks are going to be CRAZY. 
Love,
Sister Hallmark

Line of the week:

K I'm trying to figure out if I should go to Brazil or stay in Virginia.

Me: Ughhh. What do I do?! I don't know which one to pick!!

Sister Fuhriman: Yeah I know! This is the hardest decision next to marriage!!!

Me: uhh yeah… hahahahahaha too far








No comments:

Post a Comment