Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Tender Mercies!

Oi todo mundo!!

Disclaimer: I forgot my camera at home!! I know!! :( I'll bring it next week! Sowwwwwy, no pics for this week. :(

Virginia is BEAUTIFUL. Well, what I've seen of it anyway. It hasn't stop raining since I've been here so I forgot what the sun looks like.. Haha, but I love it! My companheira, Sister Romney is great! We get along so well, she's super sarcastic and got a sense of humor, just like me. So we got along right off the bat.

The ward I'm in is great! Everyone's super nice and welcoming. But Sunday was a bit challenging. So, the first day I got here, we're all eating lunch in the cultural hall, then all of the sudden Sister Romney turns to me and was like "oh my gosh, Sister Hallmark... I am so sorry to do this to you..... We're speaking on Sunday." I reacted normal but was freaking out on the inside. Then the young women's president asked us to give a little spiritual thought on the Holy Ghost during Young Women's. So we prepared a talk, and taught in Young Women's. It was cray. But so fun.

I've only taught two lessons so far, but it's been wonderful. One of our investigators Annick, (She's from Madagascar!) She's awesome! She'll be getting baptized on the 29th! I can't wait! All of our other investigators are going great we should have some on a baptismal date soon.
I'm so excited to be here, I love the work and I love the Lord. I know that this is where I am supposed to be. I just have to trust in the Lord that my visa will come whenever it's ready. I love this place with my whole heart. I can't wait to teach more people! THE CHURCH IS TRUE.

Line of the week:

Sister Romney: Hey, can you pick that up?
Me: I would... But I have Saran Wrap on my arms.... 

Tchau,
Sister Hallmark



PS...Here is my new address!

11810 Forbidden Forest Circle
Apt #302
Fredericksberg, VA 22407

No comments:

Post a Comment