Wednesday, December 18, 2013

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas!

 Hello everyone!

How's Texas? Is it snowing there? It's snowing here in ol Virginie. I'll attach some pictures. I open all the blinds and just stare out the window. Sister Romney's from Utah, so she's like this is nothing! And didn't understand why they would cancel church for something to tiny. Haha. 

 Well this week was great! We've committed Clarise to baptism! January 18th! We're so excited! It'll be the best early birthday present ever! She is the sweetest old lady EVER! I JUST LOVE HER!! When she pray's, it bring Sister Romney and I to tears every time. She's like "Heavenly Father, I've really learned to love these little girls, I really know that this church is true and I want to be baptized! But I'd like to hear it from you first! I know we'll be resurrected someday and be with our families forever!" And all this stuff! She really loves talking about the Plan of Salvation, specifically the Pre-Earth life and the Spirit World. It's definitely something that I've taken for granted, the Plan of Salvation. I've just known about it my whole life, and have always just thought, I mean, yeah, it's cool. But the more I study and read about it, I'm just like DUH! OF COURSE. It makes so much sense. I just love it! I love the sacrifice that my Savior, Jesus Christ made for me, so that I can return to live with him someday! Anyway.. Back to Clarise Rinaldi. Have any of y'all seen Princess Diaries? Every time we're like let's go to Clarise! One of us says Rinaldi. Hahaha. 

Terri. I don't think I've ever mentioned her before. She's one of our eternal investigators. She loves the missionaries and helps us so much. She's been investigating the church for years now. She knows that it's true. She's read the Book of Mormon and knows that it's true but won't get baptized. She's like "oh sweetheart, if you'd told me about this church 20 years ago I would have gotten baptized, but I'm too old now. We're like NOOO! So, we still work with her. She's literally like my grandma. I take naps at her house. She's always like "when you come here, I want you to feel like you're at your grandmothers house! Kick back and relax. Open the fridge, get something to eat!" I love her. Anyway, we were at her house for the longest time this week helping set up her Christmas tree and other decorations. I'll get a picture with her next time, then show y'all.

Also this week we made gingerbread houses at Sister Wangberg's house. She's our bff in the ward. She keeps us updated on the world. Haha. 

Well this week has been fantastic! I can't wait to Skype my family on Christmas day! It'll be the best! I miss you all and love you! Write me letters! Since I can't see everyone for Christmas, write me a letter!! :) My address should be posted on this blog. 

I know that this church is true and I know that the Book of Mormon is the Word of God. I love reading from it. It's great to have that time set aside, each day to just read from it. I don't know why I didn't read that often before! It's great! I know that we can truly live forever with our families forever. I am so grateful for the ultimate sacrifice Jesus Christ made for us. This is why I'm on a mission. I am SO grateful for the opportunity that I have to serve at 19. I can't imagine being anywhere else or doing anything else. I love Virginia with all my heart. I know I'll love Brasil just as much! Te amo voces muito!! :)

Line of the week:
 
Sister Romney: (giving a spiritual thought to a family with 3 little kids) Who's our prophet today?
Sister Wangberg: (Mother) Seth. Who's our prophet?
Me: Thomas....
Seth: Jefferson! 
Nailed it. Hahaha, we were all dying laughing! 

Tchau,
Sister Hallmark
 
 
The beginning of the snow. :)

Side view of my gingerbread house, gotta have the chevron. And obviously, Snow written on the bottom, it's my middle name. 


So proud of our gingerbread houses! 

Here's Clarise and I! She's on her tippy toes and I'm bending down. She's about 4 feet tall and I'm 5'8''. You do the math. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment