Tuesday, December 31, 2013

January is almost here!

Christmas is over and Sister Romney is getting transferred. :( But it's okay, the church is true.

How was everyone's Christmas?! Mine was wonderful! I woke up and opened some packages from my wonderful family and wonderful young women's leaders! I loved everything, thank you so much!! :) Then Sister Romney and I made some breakfast! A ward member dropped off some breakfast stuff for us on Christmas eve, she was like "you sister's can't have cereal on Christmas morning!" She gave us some bacon, eggs, muffins and orange juice. It was wonderful! Then we headed over to a members house where I got to Skype my family for a little bit! It was the best!! Seeing them made me so happy and gave me the rejuvenation I needed! Haha. 

Church was great yesterday! Clarice didn't come, bless her heart. It was pouring rain outside, and she's in her mid 70's. I don't blame her for not wanting to get out in the rain. But we did have a few other investigators at church. One of them we were especially happy about, Joan. We've invited her a few times, but she always has excuses. This time, I was so blunt. I said, Joan, come to church with us tomorrow. It wasn't even a question. Haha. She said, okay. Sister Romney and I were so surprised, and soooo happy! She goes comes to church and the ward was SO welcoming! I swear, every single person who made eye contact with her, introduced themselves! Everyone was so friendly and asked her how she was liking church so far, then they said they hoped to see her back next week. Her response to everyone was "yeah, I hope so too." It was great. And she really connected with the Gospel Essentials teacher, Brother Johnson, which made things like a million times better! Then church ends, we say goodbye and go home. Sister Romney and I are studying when we get a text from her saying "I cant begin 2 tell u how good i feel." Sister Romney and I teared up! We were so grateful that she was happy to be at church and that she loved it. I know she felt she spirit! Ahh, so great!

I'll attach some pictures of her.

I know that this church is true, it's true whether I'm in Brasil or Virginia. I know that this is where I'm supposed to be. I love serving a mission! I love what my Savior, Jesus Christ did for me and all that he continues to do for me. I am so grateful for the Book of Mormon! Without it, I would not be who I am this day. I have read it, prayed about it, and cannot deny the truth contained within. Sou um missionario a igreja de jesus cristo dos santos dos ultimos dias. 

Sister Hallmark

Line of the week:
Me: What's your favorite TV show? (I'm asking a 5 year old)
Sarah: Ummm. The Walking Dead. 
WHAT!?! Hahahaha

 


Me, Joan and Sister Romney

  
Before! 

 
After!
Breakfast! Don't pay attention to how ugly I look, I just woke up.. Hahaha


No comments:

Post a Comment