Tuesday, January 28, 2014

THE TEMPLE WAS AMAZING!!!!!!!

 I want to live there. Straight up. So, Sister Nelson and I had the opportunity to go with a less active, Sister Sloat, who we've been working with a lot. Her goal recently had been to get back to the temple. The last time she went was in 1995. We were so excited for her! The Lord helped her with her smoking addiction, and when she was interviewed by Bishop Stone and found worthy to get her temple recommend we were SO HAPPY for her. It was incredible. I love her so much. We waited a whole 2 weeks in agony, from the day we found out we could go, until Thursday morning! It was the longest 2 weeks of our lives. For real. But it was worth the wait!!! The minute we pulled in, I was overcome with so the spirit so much, I kept thinking to myself, "are we really at the temple right now?" The session was amazing and I was bawling like a baby the whole time. Of course, would you expect anything less? IT'S THE TEMPLE. The the celestial room.. Words literally cannot describe how peaceful and beautiful it was. I never wanted to leave. I think I used the entire box of Kleenex in there. I was hysterically sobbing. I was just SO happy. Never in my entire life have I felt the spirit so strongly than that day. Never. The whole thing was surreal. And seeing the smile on Sister Sloats face while we were there, I wouldn't trade for anything in the world. She was grinning ear to ear. I'm so grateful that we were able to share that special moment with her. In that moment, I KNEW without a single doubt in my mind, that Jesus Christ is my Savior and Redeemer and loves me so much. That he suffered on the cross and in the Garden of Gethsemane so that I can return to live with him and Heavenly Father someday. I am extremely grateful for the wonderful opportunity that Sister Nelson and I had to go to the temple together with Sister Sloat. It was an experience that I will never ever forget.
 
Sister Sloat and I after the temple! LOVE HER. 

All 3 of us at the temple! :)

 Next item of business. OUR BAPTISMSSSSSS. Waddup. Morgan, Grant, Joan and Anna were all baptized this weekend and they were wonderful! Especially Joan's. I really felt a strong connection with her. Joan is the 77 year old woman who has full custody of her great-grandson who is 7 months old. She has had SUCH a hard life, but I don't think she's ever doubted our church. The first time she came to church, she said "I've made my decision, this is the church I want to join. There's just such a good feeling about you people." She's so amazing. She has so much faith, I look up to her. When she was baptized, again, Sister Nelson and I were hysterical. Literally. We were both bawling so hard and hugging each other while she was getting baptized! Afterwards, she had a big smile on her face and said "I finally belong!" It was so amazing! Crazy how Heavenly Father trusts us enough to be apart of her conversion! I am one lucky sister!

So kind of a funny story. Last week I had really been struggling on whether to stay here in Virginia or go to Brasil once my Visa comes. I just love the people here so much, I can't ever imagine leaving. So I had been praying, reading my scriptures, praying, reading talks, and PRAYING! I was kind of leaning toward Brazil but every time I thought about that I was like, but what about Virginia? Needless to say, I needed help from the Lord. Well, it was perfect that we were going to the temple, because I was like SURELY I'll receive an answer there! So when we got in the celestial room, before I could even ask Heavenly Father, if I should stay in Virginia or go to Brasil, He said "Go to Brazil." Then I cried some more (apparently I haven't cried enough this week) and I was like but I'm scared! I don't know! Then we had interviews with President on Friday so I told him everything that had happen and his response was "oh, that's not even an option. When your visa comes, you're going to Brazil. You can't stay here in Virginia." I SWEAR, HE'S THE ONE WHO TOLD ME THAT IF I REALLY WANTED TO STAY IN VIRGINIA, I COULD. SO whatever! hahaha. Sister Nelson and I couldn't stop laughing. I had been stressing out this whole last week and question wasn't even valid! I can't even stay in Virginia!!! Goodness! Hahaha. Guess I'll be going to Brazil. :)

I know I say it a lot, but I've LITERALLY never been so happy. THIS is the reason I came on a mission! To find people like Joan and hep bring them unto Christ. That is my purpose. I want EVERYONE to feel the wonderful joy that I felt that day in the temple and when Joan was being baptized. BEST feeling in the whole entire world. I wouldn't trade it for anything. I have a year left on my mission! That means, one more year of this complete happiness!!! YAY!! I KNOW that this gospel is the true and everlasting gospel on this Earth today! I'm so honored to have this opportunity to share it with the world. Stateside mission's are the BEST! I LOVE it here! I was worried before I came out that I would be stateside, I was just like ughh, I want to be cool and go foreign. I'm retarded. I would be SO happy if I got called in Virginia! I don't ever want to leave here! My visa can take as long as it wants!!! :)


Tchau,
Sister Hallmark


 
Anna and I! :)

Anna's family and I! :)


Sister Nelson, Morgan, Berkley, Grant, me before their baptism!!


Me, Joan, Sister Nelson, right before her baptism!

Right after Joan got baptized!! :)


My birthday last Monday!!! Jan 20th I'm finally 20!!   


Sister Wangberg couldn't make a gluten free birthday cake, so she got a gluten free cupcake instead! She's the best!


My first grey hair on my 20th birthday! I'm getting so old!!! Hehe























No comments:

Post a Comment