Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Charlottesville! :)

SO. As you can clearly see, I've been transferred to Charlottesville! Waddup. It's so awesome! Just the name alone, Charlottesville. It's so cute!!!! :) But wait, it gets better. I'M IN A YSA ward. I almost peed my pants when President announced I'd be in the Charlottesville YSA. I was praying and praying and PRAYING I'd be in a ysa! See, Heavenly Father answers prayers. The church is true. There you have it. Also, my lil trainee, Sister Chipman is awesome! I have been so blessed to have amazing companions! I have yet to meet a single person who doesn't tell me how amazing. Seriously, everyone loves her. I'm just like, heck yeah, and she's my companion, back up. She's already such an amazing missionary! I'm so impressed. 

So this week, besides transfers we didn't really do much. It snowed, DANGIT. I just realized I forgot to take pictures of the snow. Anywho, it snowed a TON here, like 187 feet. I was like, what does all of this even mean?! So, obviously we were stuck inside all day. Which I was alright with. I've never taken such a long nap in my entire life. Literally. After day 1 of being inside and doing nothing but sleep, eat, and play ukulele, I was like I CAN'T DO ANOTHER DAY OF THIS. So we hung out with the Fitzgeralds, it was way fun. We went sledding outside in their backyard. Whether or not we're allowed to go sledding or not is a mystery, but I'm too afraid to ask, I don't want the answer to be NO. Hehe

I miss Spotsylvania SOO much it's retarded. The ward here is awesome! I love being in a YSA so much! It's so different from a family ward. It'll take some adjusting to the way things work, but I'm so pumped to be here! Also, we share our apartment with Hermana's, the spanish speaking sisters. Dude, it's so much fun! They're awesome! It's like a party every night!

I know this church is true! I know this new area will be amazing and I will witness so many miracles! I'm so grateful for the Lord's hand in my life and for sending me to Charlottesville Virginia! I KNOW I'm needed here! I can't wait to go to work! It's crazy, Sister Nelson and I were talking the other day about mission life and we were thinking about all of our investigators. We came to the conclusion that we were so selfish for thinking of NOT serving a mission. Like, there were and still are people in Virginia that are just waiting for me. Like Joan for example, one of our recent converts. The Lord prepared her and she was just waiting, waiting for us to share the gospel with her. She knew she was missing something in her life, but she wasn't sure what that was until she came to church for the first time. So before my mission, and Sister Nelsons as well, we were like, I will NEVER serve a mission! Heck no! That's only for the guys! But now that I'm here and I know how AMAZING it is, I'm like, how could I have been so selfish? Those people were just waiting for me to share the gospel with them. They needed me, and my companion. Not anyone else. I'm sad I wasted so much time before coming out, but now that I'm here, and I know the people, I NEVER WANT TO LEAVE. I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY AND THIS CHURCH!!!

ps. I got a new address: 864 Ashley Court, Charlottesville Virginia 22901.

So if anyone was thinking of writing me, NOW'S THE PERFECT TIME. How convenient! :) I'll be checking the mail everyday at 1:00 in case anyone is wondering. ;) Love y'all! 

Tchau com muito amor,
Sister Hallmark

No comments:

Post a Comment