Monday, August 11, 2014

This Week Was Pretty Much Amazing!

 Sooooo the beginning of this week had a bit of a rocky start but by the end of it we were seeing miracles left and right! Ah the Lord is just so mindful of us all! 

K so when we got to this area, we literally had no investigators. So this area has only been open for about 4 or 5 months and apparently the missionaries before us were reallllly struggling to find investigators as well. :( For some reason people here just don't want the gospel! RUDE. But don't worry it gets better! So we were tracting last week and met this super nice old guy named Ralph and he had a million dogs and I love dogs therefore he's my best friend. Anyway we talked with him for a little bit about the gospel and dogs of course.. and he told us to come back when his wife was home so we could all talk together. We were like oh definitely so we set up a return appointment for this last Friday. So we go over Friday, teach them the restoration and they understood and accepted everything, including a baptismal invite. They also said they would read and pray about the Book of Mormon. Which isn't a huge deal I mean we commit people do all of those things all the time, but these past few weeks we've taught like no one so we were absolutely thrilled that we even got inside let alone taught a suuuuper awesome lesson and they're golden. 2 new investigators. #missionarylife

THEN. Right after their lesson we went over to this girls house named Peaches. Literally that is her name. I told my mission president and he was like why aren't we all named peaches and I was like I don't know prez it's pretty sweet! haha. Anyway so the elders taught her the Restoration then passed her off to us. She's 14 and suuuper chill. So we went over after Ralph and Cindys lesson to teach Peaches the Plan of Salvation, well her friend Gabbie was there. So we ended up teaching both of them the Plan and the spirit was soo powerful. They had so many questions about what happens after we die and stuff, things that they had been taught or didn't really agree with or whatever. idk but it was super cool just to see the spirit completely take over and they learned so much! No we all learned so much! 2 new investigators! 

So by the end of the night we found 4 new people to teach! The Lord has entrusted us with 4 of his children to help on their journey back to Him! It's SUCH a miracle! 

OH then we went back to Peaches last night, (Gabbie wasn't there) and ready to hear what happen? Are you sure you wanna know? k I'll tell you. WE SET HER ON DATE FOR BAPTISM. September 6th yo. She's so ready! Ah I just love her! K I'll send a picture of her next week. 

I just can't get enough of Fredericksburg. I loveeeeee it! Also I don't know if my mom posted my new address on here but if not here it is: 9504 Moores Creek Drive Apt. #306 Fredericksburg, VA 22408 I SURE DO LOVE GETTING MAIL. :) hint hint! Oh speaking of hint I had the hint of lime chips yesterday at a members house and they were super good. you know, in case you were wondering? THE CHURCH IS TRUE.

Guys my year mark is coming up and I'm freaking out! I feel like I just got out the MTC! I still don't know what the heck I'm doing! haha. My testimony has grown so much though! I'm so happy I get to be a missionary and share my testimony with everyone everyday. It's the best thing in the universe. I never wanna leave! I've grown to love this gospel so much I am so grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ, who loves me so much! And who qualifies me for this work because I can't do it alone! :)

Ate mais! Amo voces!


Sister Hallmark

Kinda blurry but Sister Allen made is cupcakes. :) We love cuppycakes.. clearly.





No comments:

Post a Comment