Monday, August 25, 2014

So funny story.

Kind of. So we lost our apartment key the other day and had to sleep outside! Preface: So we share the ward with elders, we have a car and they're on bikes. Once a week we let them borrow the car and we walk/get member rides. So Friday night we go to a fireside in Richmond for investigators and recent converts and we leave there after it's over, around 8:45ish. And it takes about an hour and a half to get from Richmond back to Fredericksburg. So we're on the road, with the Lanes, they're recent converts in our ward who we drove down there with. So we drive to the elders apartment to pick up the car and  Then we realized that we didn't have our apartment key.. When we give the elders our car, we take off our apartment key and mail key and for some reason we could not find our apartment key. We seriously looked EVERYWHERE. Long story short at like 11:00 at night we drove to our Sister Training Leaders house to spend the night there. Okay I lied. We didn't sleep outside.. Hehe. We slept at their apartment. Didn't get to bed until like 11:30 then had to get up at like 6:00 the next day for zone conference. Good times. Needless to say, I'm going to be sleeping alllllll p day. The end.

Also this week we had Elder Anderson, of the 70 come and speak to us at zone conference and it was the bomb. For some reason, when Elder Sitati of the 70 and Elder Bednar came, I was suuper duper excited but for Elder Anderson I was just like meh. I have no clue why. But holy cow it was so good! I received so much revelation! So he talked a little about patience and I was like k you're speaking to me #rude haha I was like no I don't wanna be patient, just give me my visa, problem solved. Haha but I got so much out of it. There was a scripture that he told us to read and I started crying and just kept reading it over and over and over again. It was so simple. Alma 34:41 "But that ye have patience, and bear with those afflictions, with a firm hope that ye shall one day rest from all your afflictions." Not that this is the biggest issue in the whole world getting re assigned to Virginia, but it is for me. And when I read that I just felt like it was Christ speaking to me. I love when it says a firm hope. Like, I have such a testimony that although this trial I've been going through for a year now is all for a purpose. And I've totally known that, but this just magnified that I guess. If that makes sense. haha. I just know that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love us SO much. 

This gospel is real. The atonement is here for us, NOW. If we're readily using it our lives, along with reading our scriptures I know we can access so much power from our Father in Heaven. I'm so proud to be a representative of Jesus Christ. This morning as I couldn't find my English name tag, and as I looked in the mirror without my name tag on, I was like my outfit isn't complete. Being Christs servent is who I have become. It is who I am. I love my Savior Jesus Christ so much. 

Ta ta! (name that movie) hehe
Sister Hallmark


Line of the week!

So our district leader gave us a call last night and asked if I could lead the music and if sister fuhriman could bear her testimony. 
*after we hang up she starts freaking out* haha
Sister Fuhriman: K I DON'T WANT TO!!!!! I'm okay with bearing my testimony but I'm not okay with being the tallest person in the room!!!
Me: What? Hahahaha



 

All the spotsy ward sisters! Good times!

Laughing.. Hahahahaha sister Romney..






 

No comments:

Post a Comment